We decided we would take the kids to Maccas for breaky before heading to
the Las Vegas sign for pics. There was a guy there who would take your
photo – and I knew from reading tripadvisor - the right thing to do was to
tip. Tipping is starting to feel endless here – tip for this, tip for
that…….TIP, TIP, TIP!
Then it was Terry’s turn for some fun. We drove to the Gold &
Silver pawn shop that is featured in Pawn Starts on Foxtell’s History
channel. The shop appears so much bigger on TV and was a little under
whelming however we enjoyed looking around Terry loved having his photo taken
with Steve. We then drove to Ricks Restoration's that is also featured on
the History channel. To walk through the yard you had to pay $50 however
we could see enough through the fence to satisfy our curiosity. We then
drove to old Las Vegas for a look however there was no way I was going to take
the kids down Fremont Street – it is meant to be crazy and anything goes.
Back to the hotel for a few hours to rest before another highlight of
our trip - a helicopter flight to the the Grand Canyon! But why rest when
we are only here for a short time? And just like that Terry and I went to
check out the Luxor whilst the kids hit the wifi.
We were then picked up from the hotel and taken to McCarren Airport for
our helicopter tour with Maverick. I had chosen the Wind Dancer sunset
tour that flies over Lake Las Vegas, Lake Mead, Hoover Dam and Fortification
Hill, an extinct volcano, and finally into the Grand Canyon for a champagne
sunset.
Up, up, up and away we went. I was a bit nervous as I have
only been in a helicopter once and our pilot seemed so young (I really am
getting older) Up, up, up and away we went.
Before we knew it we were in the Canyon, champagne in
hand. The boys scored the front seats for the flight from the canyon
to the fuel stop - they were so excited. We then switched seats and I scored the front for
the evening flight over the strip and back to the airport. Being in
the front is a completely different experience – incredible! I
thought to myself on the flight back how everyday we have done something so
exciting – how could you top this trip??
Then back to Four Seasons, for dinner at the restaurant, before hitting
the tables for one last night. As Terry and I walked past the roulette
table, I could not believe what i saw. The sign I thought was $15 minimum
was actually $15 minimum of $1 chips. All this time I had thought the
chips were $15 - no they were $1! With no time to waste, I chose my favourite
colour chips and I was off! Playing the tables is so much better than the
machines - so much more atmosphere. As soon as I spoke, everyone
wanted to talk to the Australian – although I did get sick of having to repeat
myself. I had to speak so proper for people to understand me. I played about
four different tables and had an absolute ball and walked away even. Why
oh why hadn't I realised the table minimum before the last
night??!! It just means I may have to come back again one day……..my
50th?
That night I fell into bed – absolutely exhausted. Vegas had
finally worn me out. Three really late nights, three huge jam packed
days. Although I love, love, love Vegas, I am quietly relieved I am
leaving.
I. AM. EXHAUSTED.
Living the dream
Pawn Stars
Fremont Street
Checking out Rick's Restorations
Away we go - helicopter to the Grand Canyon!
Lake Las Vegas
Lake Mead
Hoover Dam
Volcano
Fantastic experience!
Champagne? Don't mind if i do!
My boy will not stop growing. I looked at him and said, 'Do you realise....we are dressed the same!'
Kids up the front
Parents in the back!
Sunset
Bowl of Fire





























No comments:
Post a Comment