Then we checked out Lillywhites (five floors of sports) and Harrods (more food!) again.
When we got back I decided to head over to Speakers Corner in Hyde Park. In my sheltered naive mind i thought I'd find some long-socked, pinstriped cap wearing Englishman discussing some lighthearted topic - how wrong could i have been! There were about 8 different people on ladders all trying to be heard and it was all VERY religious and VERY political. I only stayed about 15 minutes as I was one of the only women there (it kind of freaked me out) and it was just way too heavy. One guy 'speaking' to the strong Muslim crowd was saying that anyone in London should only speak English or they should go back to their own country - the crowd was really angry with him (why oh why would you get up and say that here - there are Arabs EVERYWHERE) Goodbye Speakers Corner - I was out of there!!
I ended up walking through Hyde Park and checked out Peter Pan and the gardens - there is a Marlborough gate which i nearly made it to but decided to turn back and so I can take the kids there another day.
Tomorrow Terry, the kids and I are off to the Cotswolds with a private guide - we have a 2 hour train ride in the morning and he will meet us at the station and take us around. I am going to give the guide the heads up from the start that we just aren't into history - we've tried and we just aren't. So uncultured but we don't care! I've made a list of all the places I want him to take us - will be interesting to see how the day goes! Look out Cotswolds - I hope you have a good nights sleep Tim Harrison - the Marlboroughs are coming!
Ripley's Believe it or Not - talking head - love Jimbo's face!
Of course - the tallest man
The Black Hole
Lost in the Maze of Mirrors
Kids trying not to get detected by the lasers
Cruising Piccadilly
Playing photographer in Hyde Park
Peter Pan
One of the 'speakers' in Speakers Corner




Hi guys love reading about your adventures! more great pics!!!
ReplyDeleteI am missing you guys. Sounds like an amazing adventure. We should Skype when I'm home
ReplyDelete