Sunday, 16 June 2013

Destinaton - London!

Let me set the scene - leaving Singapore we were farewelled at the hotel by the ever attentive staff - waved off.  Smiling, waving staff sending us well wishes - also hoping we would return there next time to spend more $.  Leaving paradise.  Then, in the blink of an eye, we find ourselves on board a stifling hot plane awaiting what seemed to be a very long wait for take off.

Now, we all know I can pick a triffecta but not even i could believe i picked this. We had the plane seating triffecta.  We were surrounded by babies - screaming babies everywhere.  A mum with a baby and two really young kids in front who kept looking over the seats, a really unhappy baby to our left - and one annoying kid behind who kicked Terry's seat for the whole flight.  The babies of course were just being babies - but the annoying 8 year old kid kicking the seat with the unapologetic Yank dad just about sent Terry over the edge!!  The worst part was I had actually paid money and chosen the seats.  I'd planned it - thought I'd chosen the perfect ones - economy seats very close to the premium economy where i was hoping I'd convince a hostess to upgrade us - how far wrong could i have been!  Full plane too - no scamming our way up a class.  13 crazy hours later, we arrived into Heathrow Airport at 5am - still excited but completely exhausted.

We came straight to the hotel and were excited to meet up with Mum and Phil.  We all couldn't get our stories out quick enough!  It was great to catch up after a month apart.  We all jumped on a hop-on-hop-off bus around London and went on a river cruise down the Thames.  Late this arvo we checked into our apartment - it is on a corner which looks out on the street.  It's in a really central spot - on Oxford Street (hello shopping) right in Marble Arch.  Bottle shop and cafe right across the road.

We just had a early dinner and the four of us can hardly keep our eyes open - we have managed to keep the kids awake all day!  They are travelling really well - Will in particular is really enjoying this trip.  He's reminding me so much of me - saying all the things i'm thinking.  He can't believe we are overseas and neither can I.




Our hotel is the building on the right behind the arch


Double decker bus




Watching the buskers along the river




Will & Nan - talking chipmunks.




1 comment:

  1. I couldn't think of anything worse than screaming kids on the plane!! At least you can look back now and laugh about it!
    I am loving all the pics :}

    ReplyDelete