The boys were getting a little bored or better put, 'annoying' so rather than push them in the Thames, I decided to take them on an adventure. Saying goodbye to Chris (please take me with you Chris!!) the boys and I hopped on the tube and headed for the London Zoo in Camden Town. Once off the tube we were right in the Camden Lock Markets which are quirky, grungy, gothic and something you have to see to believe. Food stalls, art, jewellery, alley ways, people, people, people - I could have spent all day there but....let's just say next trip the boys can stay with you mum! 'Nice polluted spot for a zoo', says James. 'Let's go and see all the animals trapped in captivity.' I must admit I hate seeing animals in a zoo. I had been planning on taking a boat ride to Greenwich but it would have proved to be torturous with kids in tow.
We walked along the Regents canal from Camden Lock to the zoo - it was really a hidden gem and I just loved strolling along looking at all the riverboats. I told Will that some people live on these - he was amazed - 'how do they get wifi?' I could have spent all day walking along but we have arrived at the London Zoo. It was around 2:30pm and not crowded at all.
The best part of the zoo is there are two enclosures that you walk through and the animals are right there with you. One enclosure had cute little monkeys and another had lemurs - I could have spent all day in there.
We arrived home around 6pm and I began packing for Ireland. Tonight is our last night in London and even through I've had a fantastic time, I'm ready to start our next adventure. I am looking forward to getting out of the big smoke and away from the crowds. We have an early morning flight to Dublin before driving to Galway.
Good Morning London - great start to our last day
Awww, reunited!
Neighbours in Chelsea
Tube buddies
Chris and I strolling along
Chelsea Embankment
Next time the boys are staying with Nan!
What a beautiful day!
I wanna go mum pleeeease
Please take me with you Chris - the boys would survive.
Camden Town
The canal
This is terrible.....At the zoo, I watched these monkeys and I always like to pay particular attention to the mothers to see how they interact with their children. My heart went out to this poor mother.
She was laying there peacefully in the sun, her husband came up and pulled up her tail and started picking her bum, she had another child picking her side and then the baby came up and started pulling her nibbles far and wide. No matter how much my kids were annoying me today - this poor mum had it sooo much worse!
In the monkey enclosure
In the butterfly enclosure - waiting for a butterfly to land on him.
Getting tired waiting
Giving up.
Up close and personal with a lemur
We walked back along the canal - how cute is this!
Out the window tonight I see a boy sitting on the roof up the road drinking wine.
Could it be Rocco?!




























No comments:
Post a Comment