Thursday, 27 June 2013

A couple of down days - or were they?

After our huge day after the Cotswolds we decided to have a down day.

After chilling out in the apartment in the morning I decided to take the kids to Hyde Park - not a down day for long!

The kids and I walked around the park for 4 hours and had fun feeding the chipmunks again.  This is their favourite thing to do!  We walked to the Diana Memorial, Peter Pan, found Marlborough gate and walked all around Kensington Gardens.  Finally made it back - exhausted again!  While we were doing this, Terry was cruising Park Lane, checking out all the car shops, Aston Martin was the fav.

Then Terry and I went out for a special kid-free dinner (mum and Phil had the boys) Being a foodie all i wanted to do was go for fancy dinner at a Michelin Starred Restaurant.  I booked us in to Galvin at Windows (modern French) which is at the top of the Hilton and had a great view over London.  Starting with my first glass ever of Dom Perignon - oh yum - we had the degustation with matching wines and i was VERY proud of Terry who ate things that were green, soupy, unpronouncable and were no where close to meat and three veg!  The waiters were all French with strong accents.  The Sommelier we could hardly understand - when he served us our first wine all we heard was, 'blah blah blah blah blah, petrol, blah blah blah."  When he left i looked at Terry and said, 'petrol?'.  Yep - that was all he could make out too.

The next day we went to the Natural History Museum with the kids - lots of dinosaurs, animals, etc.  We then had a farewell dinner with Mum and Phil as they were leaving for Germany.  Mum and I then went shopping for the last time on Regent Street.




All things Marlborough in London - first place i haven't had to spell it for people!

 Playing in the park


 Peter Pan


Having a skip

 Starting to fool

 Fooling

 More fooling

Love those chipmunks






Just before the chipmunk bit James




Fooling on the way home - he ain't heavy, he's my brother!


Look what i found in the lobby at our hotel - Salesforce seminars!! No!!



Museum



Will keeping his eye on the dinosaur!



3 comments:

  1. Are they chipmunks in Hyde park? I always thought they were squirrels! (is there a difference?) Did you know Bon Jovi are playing in Hyde Park on the 5th July! These moments are just priceless! Glad you are having such a great time xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and the Rolling Stones are playing on the 6th!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ren!! I think they are squirrels but we are calling them chipmunks! Don't know if there is a difference but they are just so cute. I saw that they were playing - we are leaving here on Monday so will miss out. The Killers were playing the weekend that we got here but thought I'd better give it a miss with the kids! Imagine seeing the Stones or Jon in London. Give the girls a kiss from Aunty Bel and tell them it came all the way from London xxxx

    ReplyDelete