We then spent the day checking out the streets around the hotel. Oxford Street - check. Supermarket - check. Laundromat - check. Everything we need is a couple of minutes walk away - couldn't be more central.
Then we walked across the road to Hyde park to go chipmunk hunting - the kids were so excited. Found a family of friendly chipmunks that the boys hand fed with peanuts. Highlight of there trip so far!
We then continued walking to Buckingham Palace - the flag was at full mast which meant Queen Elizabeth was there!
Then I went to the laundromat to finally do some washing - well, the things you hear at the laundromat! The lady who ran it was initially a bit short with me when i got there - seems like she'd had a crappy day. Then a rude man came in and was trying to get discounts and pick up his clothes earlier - she'd clearly had enough. When he left i looked at her and rolled my eyes - from then on she was my friend, it was like I had given her an invitation to let fly - she rambled on and on for at least 15 minutes and I can't be sure of everything she said but there was plenty of 'Fork this and fork that'. For once i was speechless.
Met up with Mum & Phil tonight and headed back to the 'Spaghetti Place' - great food and right across the road - great food and already 2kg heavier. Oh dear.....
Does this look suspicious to you?
The head of security stashing the 'bomb' on the other side of the road
Chipmunk hunting
Will stalking the chipmunk....
until it turned around and stalked him!
James thrilled to be feeding a chipmunk
Waiting....
What is this chipmunk doing to my leg?
Buckingham Palace




Loving this! Can't believe you guys are in London! PS crack up about the whole bomb thing - trust it to happen to you! xxxx
ReplyDeleteThat's what we said Ren! Terry looked at me and said, 'surely I can't be so unlucky!' Didn't kill a chinaman after all! xxxx
ReplyDeleteWell I would just like to say that there is no one better equipped to dismantle a bomb as Terry ( I sent a firecracker up my pants ) Marlborough !
ReplyDeleteYes Rainee - Always one to hunt down danger!! xxx
ReplyDeleteCrapola a bit of a worry. I'd be paranoid to, not as much as you though
ReplyDeleteThe chipmunks are sooo cute!!!
ReplyDeleteI would of been freaking about the bomb too!!
Don't worry about the weight, enjoy this trip of a lifetime!!