Yesterday morning we all excitedly got ready and headed down for breaky. James's new name is 'Jimmy Buffet' - he went back to the buffet so many times and devoured 12 pancakes in total.
We said our goodbye's to Kylie at the airport gate - no tears from the boys for Kylie. She kept yelling out, 'Bye boys - are you gonna miss me?' hoping they would crack, but the boys were too excited.
Well as we all know - I talk to anyone. I've discovered that this has it's benefits when on a long flight. We all made friends with the air hostesses and one of the stewards in particular was loving the fact that we were all so excited. Ten minutes after we met him he came back with special 'first class' headphones for us all - brilliant start to the 8 hour flight. He then told us to stay on the plane after the flight and he would take us into the cockpit to meet the pilots and check it out. Well, you should have seen Terry's face - he was more excited than the kids!
Our first transfer went smoothly and Terry tested out the Malay he learnt at high school to the driver - and he knew exactly what he was saying. First point to Terry. Then the driver kept talking about the Singapore 'Fryer' Well, I knew it was the 'Flyer' but Terry kept looking for the 'Fire'.
We arrived at the Ritz Calrton Millenia - the luxury start to our trip. The view from our room over the Marina, which includes the Marina Bay Sands hotel and the Singapore Flyer, is out of this world. The service is second to none - I've never been so impressed by service anywhere else. All of the staff know ours names (hope this is for the right reason!) and I keep telling the kids they aren't really 'princes'. Last night from our room, the city lights looked amazing and we could see the laser show at the marina.
The weather here is steamy and hot - I'm loving it. 30 degrees today, perfect.
We went to the 'Gardens at the Bay' and all of us were completely blown away. We were in awe, there were such a huge variety of orchids, bromilieds, ferns, and flowers. There was a 'Cloud Room' too which was like you were walking through clouds in a rainforest. Spectacular.
I then took the kids to a shopping centre - I am finding it hard to believe that everyone speaks English and all of the signs are in English. Even the book shop sells all English books. Goodness I had no idea - how ridiculous i must have sounded talking to the concierge in slow English when we checked in last night!! 'He-llo.' I am just so clueless. Just thinking, maybe this is why they know our names!
I'm about to head down to the pool to soak up the heat and sip the complimentary cocktails before heading to the Seafood Extravaganza tonight in the restaurant. I keep pinching myself - is this real?
There is so much to do here in Singapore - we'd love to come back for a week.
Bye Aunty Ky Ky
Off we go!
Captain Will
Captain Jim
The view of the Singapore flyer from the bath!
In the clouds
View from the Gardens of Marina Bay Sands
And, checking out my photography skills with the new camera
Impressed Mick??





Hi Bel & boys... sounds absolutely amazing!! Great pics, love your posts... have a fabulous time xx
ReplyDeleteHi Janelle! Just got back from dinner - completely amazing - can absolutely recommend to anyone!! Wells Street seems so far away - can't believe we are here!! Reality will all kick in again tomorrow with the long flight to London overnight..... xxx Bel xxx
DeleteHi guys!!! looks like you are having a great time, love the pics of the boys in the cockpit!
ReplyDeleteI love the pics of the flowers, Mick should be impressed with your photography skills!!!