Mum, Phil, Terry, kids and I tubed to the London Eye, followed by a trip to Harrods. I don't think I have ever seen anything like Harrods in all my life. The food hall was the most unbelievable thing I've ever seen. So many different, cakes, pies, pastries, cheeses, meats, fruits, seafood, salads - the list goes on and on......
Terry and Phil adopted the 'jump straight in' tactic. I turned around and Terry was eating a danish pastry, a moment later, a custard bun. Phil went straight for the carvery, tucking into a baked ham roll. Mum and I adopted the 'look, wait then choose' approach. We looked around and after two laps decided to buy some cherry pie and some apple pie - they both looked so good i couldn't choose. I bought some beautiful truffled double brie, some gorgonzola, some boscaiola olives and some mini french gerkins or 'cornichons'. Then i scoffed some vietnamese rice paper rolls. Will went for the chocolate coated strawberries and James a huge chocolate gold medal.
Terry, Phil and Mum decided to go home so I took the kids up to the next level in Harrods which was toys - they didn't know where to start. We spent at least an hour there then we took the tube to Piccadilly Circus to find the other toy store, Hamleys. Spent another hour there before heading back to the apartment.
Decided to go out for an early dinner - The Grazing Goat (thanks Sharmo!) The food was sensational - the best meal we've had in ages.
Mum and I then decided to hit Oxford St for some more shopping. We went to Selfridges which is like a massive DJ's - I just couldn't believe the money being spent, especially by the Arab women. They were buying $6000 mobile phones and all had Chanel handbags - I was stunned, I've never seen so much money being spent. We browsed through Chanel, Dior, Alexander McQueen, Tiffany, the list goes on and on. I found the most amazing pair of Jimmy Choos - shame about the price tag!
Marble Arch Station
Riding the tube
London Eye
Eye with Mum
Harrods food hall
Gold medal kid
Piccadilly
Magic tricks at Harrods


Great Marlborough street lol
ReplyDeleteHarrods food hall AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteThe food sounds amazing and the shopping sounds out of this world!! I am guessing it is better than Charlie Square???
ReplyDelete