The Marlborough's are finally on their holiday! I've never wished for a weekend to go so quick but finally we are on the way - lookout world!
Kylie has come down with us as she is catching a flight to New York tomorrow - always going somewhere. I book and plan 18 months in advance, she books and plans in 7 days.
We finally arrived at the Stamford tonight to be ready for our flight tomorrow. After a few wrong turns, and amazingly a couple of wrong turns that turned out right, we made it. Why does google maps always make me look bad?
In the car Will asked, 'Is the hotel 5 star?' I said to him that all of the hotels won't be five star and to be grateful for whatever you get and don't EVER ask how many stars hotels are - we are lucky just to be going.
At the hotel reception during check-in Kylie couldn't resist teasing me - she asked the concierge, 'How many stars is this hotel?" to which he replied, 'Five madam. I work in five star but I've never stayed in five star'. We all laughed at his joke, the kids beamed at imagining the luxury of their first sleep. The concierge then produced 'welcome chuppa chups' to prove the point. Bliss.
We got to our room, dropped of the bags then headed to Kylie's room to check it out. On the way James sees room service trays left outside a room for collection and asks, 'Are there dogs here?' Kylie said, 'This is five star, you'll see a lot of this' James smiled.
Now we are sitting here celebrating with a bottle of Veuve watching the planes at the airport. Jimmy has already crashed, Terry is chilling out watching telly and Will is too excited to sleep.
HAHA!!! James is too cute, just cracked me up!!!
ReplyDelete