Saturday, 26 September 2015

Heading to the United States - Victoria to Salt Lake City

Today was probably our most relaxing day yet!  

We spent the day travelling to Salt Lake City as we will begin a 9 day Trafalgar tour on Saturday.  We really didn’t do much – and for that we were all grateful!  We had two flights, from Victoria to San Francisco and then to Salt Lake City.  The kids are so used to airports and the whole day ran smoothly.  I felt very proud my kids could walk the walk and talk the talk!  Will had to have an explosives check and he handled it with ease.  The first flight was 1.5 hours to San Francisco and all of us couldn’t believe we were so close to one of our favourite cities yet unable to visit there!  We changed planes, re-checked our luggage and made our way to customs.  The funniest – and most embarrassing – thing happened.  I was the first at customs and the officer asked for me to scan my fingers (Terry and I both had to finger scan one our initial transit through the US).  He then held up his thumb – well I thought he was giving me the thumbs up!  So I grabbed our passports ready to go and it was only then it clicked – I had to scan my thumb!  You can imagine how much I copped it from everyone – even the serious customs officer cracked a rare smile.  I explained to him how in Australia he had given me the thumbs up.  Well, we laughed about it all afternoon - it was really funny.   US customs is serious business yet we managed to have an unplanned laugh. We then had another 1.5 hour flight to Salt Lake City.  It was a United flight and probably the best one yet.  We scored a taxi easily and arrived at the hotel.  I had told everyone not to expect much as the tour company had chosen the hotel.  We arrived and we were pleasantly surprised!  The hotel is absolute luxury and our room is huge.  We settled in quickly, surprisingly very relaxed, after travelling all day.  We are all excited to be in the US and can’t wait to start our next adventure.




Chilling in the airport


While James burned off some energy


Our favourite San Fran - wish we had a few days to spare....


Beautiful sunset



Woo hoo - made it to our Salt Lake City hotel


And that's what we like to see in a foyer!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are having so much fun. San Fran is somewhere i will go for sure.

    ReplyDelete