I woke to the reality that tonight would be
our last night in the UK. I hadn’t
booked anywhere for tonight, I was going to play it by ear. There is only one problem. TERRY AND I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE! I think we are in denial.
I asked everyone what they wanted to do for
the last day and night of our holiday.
Terry was easy, ‘whatever you’d like’. Will suggested, ‘stay somewhere 5 star’. James asked, ‘Is there was any chance we
could go home a day early?’ He’s really missing home! We contemplated a trip to Bath but it would
be a big drive and we were having another slow start. We eventually decided we’d visit a couple
we met last year at Knight Inlet, Canada - Rita and Ivan. I’d always said if we were ever
close by we’d call in for a cuppa.
Before leaving York, James suggested we go
back to the fudge shop for another piece of salted caramel – he felt bad that
he’d eaten mine. Of course I could see
right through his ploy and we left with another couple of pieces! We were then on
our way to Urmston which is just out of Manchester.
It was great catching up with Rita and Ivan
over coffee in the sun in their gorgeous backyard. Rita had made us a beautiful lunch complete
with cupcakes for dessert and we spent a lovely afternoon swapping travel
stories. After a few hours we decided
we’d head on our way – but where to? We were welcome to stay the night but we decided we'd be best to start our drive to London. I
looked at the map and picked somewhere midway between London. Stratford-Upon-Avon it would be!
Catching up with Rita and Ivan
Boys enjoying a backyard!


No comments:
Post a Comment