We all slept in and spent a lazy day at the
hotel. We really needed one day to chill
out before we start the tour tomorrow. I
did not make plans for us in Salt Lake – and for that we were all
grateful. We went for breakfast at the
hotel – I’d forgotten how cheap and big the meals are in the US. Terry
and I ordered an omelette and they arrived with fried potatoes! Although the exchange rate is not great - I
keep adding the costs of everything we buy in US dollars in my head - I have decided I am not going to do this
after today. Let’s just say Terry won’t be retiring for a while! The one thing we are missing from home is a
good coffee. We have only had two good
cups since we left – Terry says the coffee is like ‘camel’s p*ss’ and I have to
agree. After breaky we headed back to
our room – we were going to relax for half an hour and then head out to see
what the city is all about. Well, for
the first time that I can remember – I fell asleep in the day! I slept for nearly an hour and Terry slept
for three! The kids were ecstatic as
they spent the day on my laptop. We then decided, we weren’t going to do much, and we all appreciated the rest. We did take the kids on a short walk to
Maccas and I had read in the paper there was a comic convention in town. Over 1700 people broke the Guinness Book of
Records for have the most people dressed like a super hero in one place. Needless to say there were people dressed as
comics everywhere. At 4pm we met our
tour guide Mike and we were to have a meet and great with the whole tour at
6pm. Around 5pm, I started to have
second thoughts – what were we doing on a tour again?? We headed down at 6pm and as had happened
last time, there were lots of older (really older) people on the ‘family’
tour. We were told there were two other
kids on the tour – I crossed my fingers and hoped this was going to work out. We always choose a table by ourselves, as we
are never sure who wants to have kids at their table, but the panic had set
in. I reminded myself that this is
exactly what had happened on the last tour and we had had a brilliant
time. I sculled my wine. About 10 minutes later, in walked the
family. We immediately asked them to
join us – and you are not going to believe this – they were from Maitland! Out of the whole world – the only other
family on the tour is from Maitland! They
have two girls, 13 and 8, and I could tell right from the start the kids were
going to get along. Terry and I then
went for a fantastic dinner at the hotel and on my crème brûlée there was a lucky pastry horseshoe sitting on top. Tomorrow is
our first early start – our bags will be collected at 7am and we have to be on the bus by 8am – and the Marlboroughs will be ready to take on the tour with gusto!

Haha i swear people from Maitland go on tours alot!! When we were in Asia we met 4 or 5 people from Maitland!! Haha they are everywhere!!
ReplyDelete