Wednesday, 30 September 2015

Yellowstone National Park - the most unbelievable place on earth!




Today was one of the most unbelievable days of my whole life.  I simply don’t know how I could possibly describe what we saw today.  It was like we were on another planet - prehistoric times.  Out of everywhere I have ever been, Yellowstone National Park is so unique, incredible and unbelievable.  I was so amazed at the natural wonders I have seen – Yellowstone takes the cake.  I am lost for words and this is rare.

We had a bit of a sleep in and headed out around 11am.  Now, don’t think this is late, we believe this is actually the best time as we are then out until sunset and we see more wildlife.  

I am going to have to let the pictures do the talking.  All I want to add is this – if you ever have the opportunity to travel – go to Yellowstone National Park.  It is out of this world and a place you will never forget!




Stocking up for our big day trip around Yellowstone




Lost for words


Will continues his growth spurt and is now starting to tower over me!


Slightly on edge - James please, please, please be careful


The marker behind Will is there so the rangers know where the paths are - lots of snow in Winter


Terry's favourite - the Abyss pool at West Thumb Geyer Basin



Also, Blue Bell pool




We could not believe what we were seeing - sensory overload


Be careful Will!


James took a great pic - we love creatures great and small!


Climbing the stairs from the rapids


The mud volcano - the most stinky thing I have ever smelt - oh except the pit toilet I had to use - that smell burnt the hairs in my nose.


Will and James just couldn't stand it and bolted



This is the most crazy thing I have seen in my life.  The earth was breathing, hissing, spitting and bubbling.  Dragon's Mouth Spring is like nothing you could possibly imagine.






Ok, so this smell wins.  Sulphur Caldron - the only thing more acidic is battery acid.



Unbelievable Artist Point




Driving by someone caught my eye...



Steamboat Geyser - the world's tallest active geyser


On the road for seven hours now - been a big day.  


But so much more to explore!


James and I walk the loop at Porcelain Basin Hot Springs - i could have been on another planet


Ok kids, no more stinky geysers - lets go wildlife spotting!



Can you believe these bison walked in front of OUR car!  


The calf didn't mind being in the middle of the road!


But....the mother wasn't real keen




The big bull bison - he was bellowing!!


3 comments:

  1. Amazing photos!!! Definitely better sight seeing away from the tour!! Im amazed at how beautiful the pics are can only imagine how AMAZING it is in real life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Dad i dont know if you have access to Aussie sports over there.....Hawthorn won the AFL and the Cowboys won a historic grand final tonight!! The game was the best ive ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chloe! Thanks for your messages! Message from your Dad, 'Oh wow Chloe, thank you so much for the update. I've been wondering who won!' xxxx

    ReplyDelete