Saturday, 20 July 2013

DISNEYLAND - Day Two

Up early for our second day of Disney - this time to Disney California Adventure.  We were on the 7:20am transfer bus again.  I had heard that you need a fast pass for the Cars ride as the lines were 2 hours long.  We were chatting with a family on the bus on the way there and they said it was the first thing I should get when I got through the gate.  Terry took the kids on a ride while I lined up for the pass - there were hundreds of people lined up to get this pass, stoked I'd had the heads up, I would have left it for later that day!  The fast pass gives you a time to return so you don't have to wait in line at the ride - as more people get their passes the time moves further out in the day - by the time I got our the time was 12:30pm.  I walked past the Cars Fastpass around 9am and they were closed - all the passes had been issued for the day - this would mean that anyone without one would have a 2 hour wait to go on the ride!

We spent the morning going on all the rides - there was a water one with a raft where you go down steep falls and get wet - we loved it.  We went on that ride 3 times in a row as the lines were small early in the morning.  (Hills family, this is like the ride at Australia's Wonderland - remember Joey?!)

People had been warning us of big crowds and huge lines but if you get in there early and go on the best rides early - and get fast passes along the way - you really can beat the crowds and make the most of the day.

We headed back to go on the Cars ride - was getting really nervous.  I just wanted to get it over and done with.  Terry reckons he wasn't nervous at all - driving in a car with me would be worse than the ride.  James said to me, 'don't worry Mum, just remember we are at the happiest place on earth'.

Onto the ride with our fast pass, passing a line that was just under 2 hours long.  Onto our car and off we went.  It does go really fast but at least we weren't in the dark like Space Mountian.  I'd give the ride 10/10.  Fantastic.

We headed off home again around 2pm for a rest - it just gets so hot!  Then we had an early dinner at the Cheesecake Factory - I'd heard so much about this place we just had to check it out!  Yep - the servings were HUGE.  It is no wonder there are a lot of overweight people in America - all of the servings are big everywhere you go.  I still haven't felt hungry in weeks. (I feel disgusting!)

Went back to Disneyland around 7pm to get a good position for the 9pm Fantasmic show.  I didn't realise how much I loved Mickey Mouse - or maybe it is all the Disney magic.  Either way - I couldn't wait for the show.  James still kept saying, 'I know Buzz Light year isn't real' I kept on saying, 'No but Mickey Mouse is real.'  We scored a great spot above the bridge overlooking the show - we had to sit and wait an hour and a half but hey - we were tired anyway!

The show began and there the star of the show Mickey Mouse!   He is one cool mouse - James turned to me and said, 'I believe you now that he is real Mum!"  Peter Pan was in the show and Snow White, there was fireworks, lighting and fire.  When it was over we quickly walked to watch the 9:30pm fireworks over the castle.

We headed home, another huge day at Disney - we'd planned on going back the next morning early to use our Magic Morning pass (let's you in an hour early) but we agreed we were all too tired and needed to sleep in!!  All Disney'd out.



Cars Land

Busted!


Cooling down at It's a Bug's Life





Hollywood Disney style




Best cheese pizza ever at the Cheesecake Factory


Fantasmic!


Peter Pan


Beauty and the Beast


Dragon from Sleeping Beauty


All of the characters from Fantasmic on the Mark Twain Riverboat


M I C K E Y M O U S E!


The castle at night


Not the best shot - Dumbo!


Fireworks



No comments:

Post a Comment