We boarded at 12pm flew for 11 hours and arrived in SF at 4pm. The kids were as good as gold - they showed signs of having the bugger in them while we were waiting at the airport but once on board we split them up, Terry had one in front and I had one sitting with me behind. We all watched movies the entire time. I watched Les Miserables which was 2.5 hours long - great movie and took a fair amount of time off the trip!
It was a long trip to the hotel as the BART is on strike and the city was gridlocked with traffic. Was trying so hard to keep the kids awake - just wanted to keep them up til 6-7pm to try and get the times right again. We arrived at the hotel, checked in and went straight up to the Regency Club. The club is on the top level of the building with 360 degree view of San Francisco Bay with - oh my goodness - four sessions of food daily. Breakfast, lunch, cocktails and hors d'oeuvres - and even dessert and cookies between 8-9pm. I scoffed some of the best gyozas I've ever had while Terry had a beer and we checked out the amazing view. The kids have found the free wifi - woo hoo - so they are happy. James said, 'Mum and Dad, you can spend as much time here in the Club as you like' He may regret these words - I spied massage chairs in there too.
Now i am back to being the tourist on the corner with the map. I am a bit stressed about tipping - trying to work out who to tip and how much. The guy on the desk at checkin?
Also, how much is a dime worth? Will work this all out tomorrow...
We are all exhausted, Terry and the boys are fast asleep and I will be too any minute!
Having the bugger in them at the airport
Trying to be as good as gold - I'd cracked it 5 minutes earlier
How amazing is this view - we were over Greenland
Checked in at the hotel - there is a TV in the middle of the mirror in the bathroom.


No comments:
Post a Comment