Saturday, 20 July 2013

DISNEYLAND - Day Three

For the first time ever I am having to drag the kids out of bed in the mornings - all week it has been.  I woke them up early for our last day of Disney - back on the 7:20am bus!

Terry didn't come to with us - he went and picked up the car for our drive to Las Vegas and planned on catching up later.

The kids and i decided to spend our last day at Disneyland - we had it all down pat.  We went straight into Fantasyland and went on the rides we hadn't been on yet.  Then I wanted to meet the princesses much to the boys horror!  They took me through the castle to meet them - without complaint - the look on their faces was priceless.  I couldn't track down Snow White but met Cinderella, Aurora and another one with red hair (can't remember her name!) 

The kids wanted to go on Splash Mountain - we went and got our fast pass to return after 1pm.  For the next two hours all i could think of was the ride - I just didn't want to go on it but knew i should do it for the kids.  The time came and I thought to myself let's just get this over with.  Went to the ride and it was CLOSED!  YAY!!!  The kids were so disappointed but it had been closed due to a  maintenance issue - well that was good enough for me.  There was no way i was gonna ride it after a maintenance issue - Splash Mountain, see you later!

We were going to go back for our afternoon break but it was 2pm and i really wanted to watch the Sensational Parade at 4pm.  I called Terry to see if he wanted to come and meet us but he was happy getting organised (aka watching the golf!)  Fair enough - he'd earned huge points by having two stellar days at Disney and he had really enjoyed it more than we both thought he would.  I was earning my points and would saving them for time by myself in Vegas!!

The parade was brilliant.  Will particularly loved it - at eleven he was all too cool for Disney at the start - now he's asking me why he hadn't watched more Mickey Mouse shows!  

I was singing the Mickey Mouse song, 

Who's the leader of the club
That's made for you and me
M I C K E Y M O U S E!!!!  

As the last float in the parade went down, Will asked if we could follow it along like some other people were doing.  So we did - singing loudly Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious all the way down to the end.  It was the best moment - the kids and I singing together - as I'd told the kids before - don't think its embarrassing - no one knows us here!!

We boarded the bus back to the hotel - happy we'd had the best time at Disneyland we possibly could have had.  I asked James, 'Do you think this is the happiest place on earth?" He said, 'Yes, er, actually no.  My house is the happiest place on earth, this is second."  

The kids are both very homesick!  All William wants to do is have sausages from Adamstown butchery and sit on the lounge and play Minecraft with his mate Lucas.  James just wants to see Spencer and Kylie.  Terry and I don't want to come home - although I am starting to think it would be nice just to eat a simple bowl of vegies.

Tomorrow - we are driving to VEGAS!  Let the games begin!!



Last day at Disneyland!



We laughed so much - they say 'Don't run' but people run everywhere at the start!


Sleeping Beauty!


Enjoying the Peter Pan ride


Chatting to Tinkerbell



Even Disneyland isn't perfect - Will's car broke down!


Had to be towed!


A new car - that's better!


Clearly impressed by Tron - we spent ages there


Loved the smaller rollercoaster in Toon Town


Sensational Parade!

The little Meramaid


Terry's favourite - Donald Duck








All Disney'd out and missing home.

2 comments:

  1. You are making me feel like going to Disneyland for the first time in my life! Looks like a great time - glad you enjoyed it. It seems like you have been gone for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Coming to an end now :( Kids are looking forward to coming home so much - Terry and I, not so much!! DIsneyland was just amazing, I didn't think I'd love it anywhere near as much I did! Now i am in adult Disneyland - VEGAS! I don't want to leave!

    ReplyDelete