Started the day with a beautiful healthy breakie at the Four Seasons Hotel, then off for our last shopping trip. The taxi driver told us we should go to the outlets for the best shopping - i was after MAC and Napoleon makeup - and he assured me it would be there. The driver used to be a pro surfer he was telling us and knew Mark Richards. We arrived at the outlets - and as I had thought, no makeup. We had a quick look around and Terry and the boys bought some Adidas and Nike gear.
We then caught another taxi to the Fashion Show Mall - this time the driver was a really loud Japanese man - even louder than me. We were all trying really hard not to laugh but it was a funny drive. All the locals are talking about the weather here - they are saying it is, 'perfect unusual weather - normally it is 15 degrees hotter' Seems we really did bring the great weather with us.
We headed back to the hotel to go to the wave pool again. Terry and the kids hit the pool so i decided to hit the cocktails. We chatted to a couple from Kentucky who were on their annual Vegas vacation - I asked them what they did for work - they didn't have to work, family money he told me! His friend was the guy who took Kentucky Fried Chicken global - probably all a croc but who would know and who really cares?
Time to leave the pool and get ready for dinner and the Cirque Du Soleil Beatles Love Show at the Mirage. It was the best show i have ever seen - I just loved it and didn't want it to end. For me, it brought back a lot of memories of listening to the Beatles as a kid when mum would be playing it. Each song was re-produced as an interpretive, circus based artistic stage performance. Terry loved it as well. I didn't realise the kids didn't know a lot of Beatles songs - the only one James said he knew was Yellow Submarine and they didn't play the song! It did keep them interested though and was a fantastic night - can't recommend it highly enough. Standing ovation again!!
We decided to catch a taxi back to the hotel - the Mirage is a lot further down the strip from where we are staying and Terry's poor feet are still blistered from our days at Disney. We got to the front of the long line and were waiting for the next taxi to pull up - then funniest thing happened. This lady and her two children - all dressed to the nines in matching gold jackets and Chanel bags - walked to the front of the line and said to her kids, 'we don't have to wait in line with all the rest, we have a special card, watch this'. Special card? Anyway, a couple of minutes later, the guy looking after the taxis asked her what she was doing at the front - she waved her special card in the air. He then turned to her and said, 'Look lady, that is only a special card for the Bellagio - you'll have to go to the back of the line and wait like everyone else' Her jaw dropped to the floor - the look on her face was priceless - and just at that moment our taxi pulled up and off we went.
Terry put the kids to bed and I headed out for my last night in the Casino. I started with the pokies and managed to lose a bit quite quick. I decided to change to roulette, my favourite game. Now without boring you to tears, lets just say that i played roulette for around 3 hours - I was up then down then up then down. It was starting to get very late and i knew i had to call it a night soon. I pulled out and collected my chips. Happy that i hadn't lost the lot, I chose a $100 chip and placed it on black. One of the other players said, 'Wow, you must be pretty certain black is going to come up' I told him i was either going to leave Vegas a winner or loser and I placed another $100 chip on top. $200 on black - yikes!! Spurned on, the other players then started piling chips on black too. Oh my goodness, this was exciting - was i going to be the fool or the hero?
The croupier spun the wheel.......then spun the ball....... spinning........spinning.....and it came up on.....BLACK!!! YAY!!! I was the hero. Cheers and high fives all around the table, I collected my $400 and - cheshire cat smile once again on my face - called it a day and headed to bed.
I HADN'T LOST ONE CENT IN VEGAS!! I WAS EVEN.
Terry was especially impressed!
Hot Chocolate with marshmellows and cream
My healthy breakie complete with carrot juice shooter - trying to make up for the night before
Love the wave pool
Lucky Bel - I don't want to leave!! This is the place for me - don't worry Vegas, I will return.
(Yes my drink is blue)
(Yes my drink is blue)
Beatles LOVE show at the Mirage


No comments:
Post a Comment