The past few days there is not too much to report. We left San Francisco and flew into LA, checked into our hotel and pretty much chilled out for the afternoon. We had dinner in the restaurant and then came up to our room to watch the 9am Disney fireworks - or so we thought. See I'd gotten the time wrong, it should have been 9:30pm! So the kids watched and waited and watched and waited and just about when they were going to give up - there came the fireworks. YAY! It seems Disney spares no expense - can't wait to watch them up close!
Today we booked onto a bus and took the 9:20am shuttle which arrived at the Citadel outlets at 10am. Now Terry may have gone crazy at the Pebble Beach Golf Shop for five minutes, but nothing could compare to me today!! I was out of control! We were leaving on the 3:30pm bus so had to make the most of the six hours there.
The first shop we went into was Nike - Terry and the kids bought another pair of shoes each, T-shirts and I bought a couple of jackets. James's Nike's were $30, Terry's $40 and Will's freerunners were more expensive at $60 and T-shirts $10! (just to give you an idea of the prices). We then headed to Converse where the kids and I bought a pair of shoes each ($44 and $32). By this stage the day was slipping away! I started to panic and was racing into the shops like a crazy woman - then I found Nine West. I just love Nine West shoes - they just fit me perfectly and have a great sized heel. When I walked in a lady asked if i needed a hand - yep, sure did. She trekked up and down the aisles with me and i bought SEVEN pairs of shoes there. Sounds excessive BUT some worked out only $25 each. Info for the girls: I bought red peep toes, black peeps toes, black pumps, nude pumps, even hot pink pumps plus a pair of gold shoes and one pair with a pattern - now wait for it, how much did all these shoes cost? $226! Now i would normally pay around $140-$160 for ONE pair. Sooooo easily justified! I also splurged on a pair of Prada sunglasses which i have promised to not throw in my handbag unless they are in the case.
On the up side, we were going to hire a car from today until the end of the trip but we decided once we got here that we really don't need a car until a day before Vegas. The shuttle today was $38 with no driving worry - having the car was going to be $84 a day plus parking of $15. So i figure, the money we will save over the week will pay for the sunnies and my shoes! Happy face!
We came home around 430pm and have chilled here ever since - we ordered in room service and are having an early night as tomorrow is DISNEYLAND!!!
No pics today!
No comments:
Post a Comment