Monday, 22 July 2013

Vegas - Saved the best til last!

I just love Vegas.  I just don't know why It's taken all these years for me to get here!

We started the morning with 'Sunday Brunch' at the Four Seasons - I'd read about this brunch and was not disappointed.  There was just the most amazing food - bircher muesli, peaches and cottage cheese, all different yoghurts, huge bowls of raspberries and blackberries, spectacular danishes, bacon cooked every way, sausages, eggs hollandaise, omelette station, french toast, banana pancakes, egg white fritattas, real hash browns, beef hash, bread and butter pudding with vanilla anglaise, marscapone parcels with lemon curd, fresh cooked donuts (the kids just had donuts for breakfast, we're on holidays after all) fresh juices - my favourite was watermelon and berry.  I ate and ate and ate - I am going to have to walk a lot when i get home!

We then went down to the pools at Mandalay - it was around 9:30am so there was mainly families there - all the rest of the crowd would have still been asleep!  We haven't had the excessive heat and have had some very light rain - kind of like i am getting mist from one of the sprayers they have all around this place - it's heaven.  No one here seems to get sun burnt - the sun just isn't like ours.  I am wearing sunscreen still but there is just no powerful heat in the sun.  I haven't seen anyone burnt here either.

It is just so hilarious around the pool - I just lay there on my sun recliner with the biggest smile on my face the whole time - people must think I am strange but this place is surreal!  80's music is pumping, lifeguards are all buff wearing red one pieces like in Baywatch, girls with glamorous hair and fake boobs parade around in bikinis.  It's just like the movies.  The kids were deliriously happy in the wave pool - no need for me to go in with them these days - and hey, there are at least ten lifeguards watching the wave pool as well.  I was relaxing in the beautiful sun, getting lightly misted by rain that has never fallen in Vegas during summer, flicking through a magazine - why wouldn't i be sitting there looking like a cheshire cat!

Then the scream........aaarrrrgghhhhhhhhhh Mum!!  Oh no, I had seen this coming, James has taken a chunk of his skin off his chin in the wave pool - and just like that, there ended my morning around the pool.  Poor kid was bawling - and young Jim is pretty tough.  Never mind, we'd been there for a few hours, up to the room for some rest and to sort out his chin.

Terry and the kids were happy chilling out so I went down to the Casino for Round 2.  Whilst I lost money on the pokies I quickly gained it back on roulette.  I couldn't believe the good luck i was having!  My numbers kept coming out, 5 of them in a row!  Recovered my losses and ended up bailing when i was even again after 3 hours of play.  Happy days!

Off to the Bellagio for the Buffet (great advice Ron!) - it was the biggest buffet I have ever seen - so much to choose from, we didn't know where to start! Terry was particularly impressed by the all you can drink beer for $10.  They brought him a beer every 15 minutes and kept telling him to drink up!

 We then went to see the Cirque Du Soleil show, O.  It was just incredible - the people in the show are just so unbelievably flexible and athletic.  The show is based around a pool with amazing acrobatics,  diving and music.  I sat there for half of the show with my hand over my mouth.  When it was over we walked home, stopping out the front of the casinos along the way.  The kids saw plenty of Vegas on the walk - let's just say they were happy to get safely home!

I am having the time of my life in Vegas - the highlight of the trip for me!!



On our way to the Bellagio


James and his sore chin



O at the Bellagio




Getting a bit crazy for the kids


Where are you Nanny Chris and Pop Phil? - WE NEED A BABYSITTER!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment